1. How to wear a Sequin Dress?
A sequin dress is an excellent choice for a holiday party or other festive occasion. Sequin dresses are eye-catching, trendy, timeless, classic, and show-stopping. A sequin mini dress, dress, tank dress, column gown, patterned dress, pants, or full sequined gown comes to mind when styling your wardrobe. But how do you accessorize such a statement piece? If you are not cautious, you may find yourself looking like you’re trying too hard. In this post, we’ll give you some tips on how to accessorize a sequin dress. From understated jewelry to the perfect shoes, we’ll help you put together an outfit that will turn heads for all the right reasons:
2. What Jewelry do I wear with a Sequin dress?
Diamonds are the perfect choice. Sparkle and shine all night long with the perfect diamond accessories to complement your sequin dress! A pair of diamond earrings or a statement necklace will add just the right amount of glamour to your look. If you want to go all out, opt for a sparkling diamond bracelet or ring. No matter how you accessorize, diamonds are sure to take your sequin dress to the next level!
Earrings are the perfect way to add a touch of sparkle to any outfit, and they can make a sequin dress pop. There are lots of different styles of earrings to choose from, so you can pick the ones that best suit your look.
- If you want to keep things simple, opt for a pair of small stud
- A pair of single pearl or tear drop earrings will always look classic and shiny.
- Adding a pair of statement drop earrings can complete the look, creating a stylish yet sophisticated look.
- If desired, wear delicate gold jewelry; when paired with a delicate dress, the result is always elegant and feminine.
- Whatever style you choose, make sure your earrings are in proportion with your dress.
- If you’re wearing a very ornate gown, it’s best to keep your earrings quite understated.
- Plain metals like silver or gold with subtle bases are the safest call for all sequin dresses.
- Mixing colored jewels can look stylish, but keep the colors consistent when coordinating with your dress.
- Navy blue or burgundy stoned-styled earrings look regal with golden and silver shades of sequin dresses.
You always wonder what necklace to wear with sequin dress? Indeed, one should never wear a necklace with a sequin dress. But rules change! You should select a necklace that adds flair to the dress and gives a little authority. When selecting a necklace, take into account both the style of the dress and the neckline.
- We all know a simple choker or a single strand of pearls can go a long way when styling your dress. Twist it with opera-length strands or rope pearls.
- Plain metals such as silver, gold, or bronze supplement almost all sequin dresses. Thin chains and small pendants can elevate your look without trying too much.
- A statement necklace is a great way to add some extra pizzazz to a sequin dress. For example, a dress with a plunging neckline might look best with a long, dramatic necklace.
- Short necklaces are always meant for V-neckline and straight necklines.
- A strapless dress would be complemented by something shorter and more understated.
- In general, it is best to avoid necklaces that are too busy or ornate, as they can distract from the beauty of the dress itself.
- Consider your dress’s neckline; a diamond drop or a simple pendant chain looks chic and not over-the-top if you’re wearing a V-shaped gold, silver, or champagne sequin gown.
- Colors like purple, emerald green, or bronze-hued sequin dresses demand shorter silver or white gold necklace jewelry.
A cocktail ring is a perfect way to add sparkle and glamour to your sequin dress. When choosing a cocktail ring, look for one that complements the colors in your dress.
- Cocktail rings are usually large and ornate, with plenty of dazzling stones to catch the light.
- If you have a gold or silver dress, opt for a ring with similar metals.
- For a colorful dress, try a ring with brightly colored stones.
- If you want your cocktail ring to stand out, go for an over-the-top design with lots of drama.
- You can choose to wear some warm metallic or even a bit of cool silver-toned rings to match your sequin outfits.
One way to add a bit of extra flair to your look is to choose a bracelet that coordinates with your dress
- Understated: A pair of delicate bracelets would be ideal if you wish to go for a more understated look.
- Statement: Choose some chunky statement bracelets for a more glam look. A statement cuff or bangles in silver or gold looks gorgeous with sequin styles.
- Color: In terms of color, there are a few different ways you can go. You can either match the color of the sequins on your dress or opt for a contrasting color. If you’re wearing a silver sequin dress, you could choose a bracelet in black or white.
- Style: Don’t forget about the type of closure you want for your bracelet. A toggle or slide clasp is always an elegant choice that will keep you secure all night.
- Matching your ensemble with bracelets in different shades of gold or silver will always add elegant charm.
- All sequin-colored dresses would look great with a solemn silver or two-toned gold chain bracelet.
For further reading on what kind of jewelry you can match with gold, silver, black and green sequin dresses you may to read this nice article.
3. What kind of Purse to pair with a Sequin outfit?
The purse or a clutch is something that always comes in handy, so you need to style it right for your sequin dress.
- Think of satin, velvet, and metallic purses or clutches when you style your outfit.
- Choose gold, studded, and stoned styles but subtle colors, to make your sequin dress stand out.
- Avoid shiny and sparkly hues.
- Champagne, off-white, beige, blush pink, and silver-colored sequin gowns look very elegant with a burgundy velvet clutch.
- A bronze dress or a black sequin dress goes best with purses in shades of black, gold, white, or beige.
- Minimal metallic or green-colored sequin outfits demand an element of softness and should always be styled with muted colors.
- Remember the rule: always match your bag, clutch, or purse to the lightest or darkest color in your outfit.
4. What Shoes to wear with a Sequin dress?
Shoes are one of the most important aspects of accessorizing a sequin dress. The right pair of shoes can make or break your outfit, so choose wisely. Here are a few tips:
- Heels: Heels are always a good choice when wearing a sequin dress. Try pairing your dress with block heels or stiletto heels. They can help you look taller and slender.
- Pumps:Open-toe pumps or peep-toe with strappy styles, black or neutral-colored pumps look flattering when matched with a sparkly sequin dress.
- Flats: If you’re going for a more casual look, consider flats, sandals, or ballerinas. Make sure they’re not too plain – a little sparkle will complement your dress.
- Wedge Sandals: if comfort is your priority, opt for wedges with block heels, they give a neutral accent to a sequin dress, especially with straps, and are short in length.
- Boots: Depending on the size of your dress, boots, thigh-high boots, and ankle boots can all work well with a sequin dress. They look classic, urban chic, and versatile. They have become very trendy in the last few seasons.
- Color: Color is another factor to consider when choosing shoes to wear with a sequin dress. Silver and gold are always safe bets, but you can also experiment with other metallic shades like bronze or copper.
- Shorter sequin dresses look stunning when worn with nude-colored shoes that match your skin tone.
- Clear transparent heels or pumps are always a win when styled with any colored sequin outfit.
- Navy or beige shoes are a fantastic pairing for bronze-hued sequin outfits.
- When it comes to gold sequin dresses, life’s ultimate goals are black or gold shoes.
- Deep-hued velvet burgundy shoes look classy and elegant when paired with champagne, silver, and off-white outfits.
5. What to wear over a Sequin dress?
Jackets have always been the ideal complement to a sequin dress due to their sheer utility. If you don’t want to go for the bling-sparkly look, you’ll need to add an extra layer to your dress, so make sure you get the right fit, fabric, and stylish jacket.
- Try opting for a sequin bustier if you are afraid to go for a fully sequined dress. For example. A sequin bustier with a jacket paired with satin or silk pants will give a refined look. Classy yet very sexy.
- Keep the color and texture of your jacket simple so that it does not steal the thunder of your sequined dress.
- A silk blazer, velvet jacket, or suede jacket would enhance the look of your sequin outfit.
- A bomber, leather, or short jacket would make a cool outfit.
- A short shrug or a short fur jacket styled well will transform your look.
- A grey jacket looks phenomenal with silver sequins.
- A black or suede jacket goes very well with navy, gold, bronze, and emerald green sequin outfits.
6. Should you wear Tights with a Sequin outfit?
When it comes to sequin dresses, there are a few different looks you can go for. Wearing tights or stockings can add to the glam quotient.
- If you want to keep it simple and classic, black opaque or matte is always a good choice.
- You can also go for a more dramatic look by choosing a color that contrasts with the sequins, like white or cream. Or, if you want to stand out, try a bold color like red or blue.
- Wearing patterned stockings with your dress can look very attractive.
- Avoid flesh-colored or nude stockings; black tights would do the magic.
- Fishnet tights are a complete rage again, so slip them on!
- Sheer stockings with some sheen or semi-sheer stockings can give you the right sparkle.
- Consider tights when selecting a sequin mini or a short dress in silver, rose gold, or bronze; it will be an instant hit.
- Needless to say, multicolored sequin ensembles look great with black stockings.
FASHION IT UP
- Have fun with colors, go beyond the classic black, silver, and gold.
- Try something fun, such as an artful sequin embellishment.
- Sequins can appear heavy, and draggy. Pay attention to structure, silhouette, sleeves, neck, and rear zip fastening.
- Try out wearing a sequined blazer, sequined pants, or sequined shorts if the whole sequin dress is too much for you.
- Go for nude matte lipstick, neutral eye shadow, thin eyeliner, and nude nail paint.
- Learn how to say no to yourself when you style your dress. Too many accessories can overpower the dress.
- Choose your jewelry carefully. A sequined dress can be overwhelming, so choosing jewelry that won’t compete with the dress is important. A simple necklace or pair of earrings is all you need.
- Invest in matte finishes instead of anything too glittery; since a sequin dress is already quite sparkly, you might want to tone down the shimmer in your accessories.
- Let the dress be the star. Remember that the sequin dress is the star of the show, so don’t go overboard with your accessories. Keep things fairly simple and understated.
- With the right accessories, make your sequin dress a regular closet rotation. Bling it on!
Warning: DO NOT COMBINE RHINESTONES WITH SEQUIN-STYLE DRESS
Watch our postings for new fashion inspiration and let us know how you planned your sequin look in the comments area.
Written by: Varun Gupta