What should I do if there is an outbreak in my Community?
In case there is an outbreak in your community, stay calm and follow below steps:
- During an outbreak in your community, stay at home. Try to keep distance (atleast 6 feets) from people who are sick.
Make an household action plan
- Stay informed about the local COVID-19 situation in your area: Be aware of COVID cases and Government guidelines in your area. Don’t try to override the guidelines as this may put you in trouble.
- Continue practicing everyday preventive actions: Do follow all precautionary measures like cover coughs and sneezes with a clean cloth a tissue, wash your hands properly for at least 20 seconds, as often as possible. In case soap and water is not available use hand sanitizer with 60% alcohol. Don’t touch surface and objects outside your home.
- Notify your workplace as soon as possible. Do inform your employer about the current situation in your community. If possible, ask for work from home or take leaves.
- Stay in touch with others by phone or email. If you are living alone and have chronic medical condition, stay in touch with your family members and nearby friends.
Will schools and businesses in my community be shut? If yes for how long?
Yes, all the businesses and schools falling near to that community will be shut during community outbreak. Lockdown can be for a period of 14 to 21 days depending upon the severity of virus spread.
How can I find out if Lockdown has been relaxed in my community?
Stay informed about your lockdown relaxation through News and friends. You can also dial 112 to know more about the relaxation and guidelines.
What should I do if I think I have been exposed to the Virus?
- If you think you have been exposed to the virus, keep calm and stay at home. Most of the cases are mild in nature and can recover from home without any medical care. However, if you have any underlying chronic medical condition, call for medical help immediately.
- Monitor your symptoms. COVID-19 symptoms include cough, fever, and shortness of breath along with other symptoms.
- Separate yourself from others and pets in your home.
- Avoid public transportation system like bus and sharing cab.
- Cover your face with a mask or clean cloth.
- Avoid sharing personal household items with others.
- Wash your hands properly at least for 20 seconds with soap and water.